What is EndNote Basic?
EndNote Basic is a simplified, online only version of EndNote that lets you:
- Store references online for easy access.
- Links directly to Web of Knowledge.
- Can be used with Endnote, especially to foster collaboration or when you're searching for references but are away from your computer.
How does EndNote Basic differ from EndNote Web (aside from the name)?
- You can store up to 50,000 references & 2GB of attachments.
- You have access to 21 bibliographic styles.
EndNote Online--another term & more options.
EndNote Online refers to the combination of the desktop & the online programs. Owning the desktop program provides more options, as does the Library's Web of Science subscription.
- You have access to more than 3,000 bibliographic styles.
- You have links to the full-text of articles, to times cited & related references, & to the Web of Science record.
Create an Account
1. Go to the library homepage at lib.utah.edu
2. Click on the Research Databases tab.
3. Choose "E" and navigate down to EndNote Basic. Click on the red title link
- Click the Create an account link.
- Use your Utah e-mail address, but choose a separate password.
EndNote Basic is free to the University community. All you need to do is set up an account. Why use Endnote Web?
Librarian Contact Info
The University of Utah
J. Willard Marriott Library
Head of Research and Information Services
295 South 1500 East #2110
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0860