Film and Media Arts: Getting Started
Getting started with research may require accessing background information to learn basic information about your topic. Biographies and encyclopedias are great places to start.
Encyclopedia articles are an excellent way to quickly learn the basic information about your research topic, providing you with the terminology and names you'll need for further research.
We have hundreds of encyclopedias in print editions on topics ranging from Anime to Zombies! To find them:
- Go to Usearch, the library catalog
- Search for: Encyclopedias AND ...
- Replace the .... with a concept or research topic. For example: Encyclopedias AND Anime
- If needed, limit your results using the Resource Type and Subject options in the left-hand column.
- If you see a link under the title that says "Available At" or "Checked Out," the encyclopedia is available in print. If you see a link for "Online Access" it's available as an e-book.
These three electronic databases provide citations and full-text biographies.
Guides to Related Disciplines
Movement in Culture through History
by Greg Hatch Last Updated Sep 11, 2018 28 views this year
Dance Research Design
by Greg Hatch Last Updated Jan 30, 2019 75 views this year
by Greg Hatch Last Updated May 14, 2019 584 views this year
Art (Studio Art)
by Luke Leither Last Updated Jul 25, 2018 214 views this year
by Dale Larsen Last Updated Feb 20, 2019 701 views this year
by Peter Kraus Last Updated May 26, 2019 251 views this year