Film and Media Arts: Getting Started
Getting started with research may require accessing background information to learn basic information about your topic. Biographies and encyclopedias are great places to start.
Encyclopedia articles are an excellent way to quickly learn the basic information about your research topic, providing you with the terminology and names you'll need for further research.
We have hundreds of encyclopedias in print editions on topics ranging from Anime to Zombies! To find them:
- Go to Usearch, the library catalog
- Search for: Encyclopedias AND ...
- Replace the .... with a concept or research topic. For example: Encyclopedias AND Anime
- If needed, limit your results using the Resource Type and Subject options in the left-hand column.
- If you see a tab under the title that says "Location & Request", the encyclopedia is available in print. If you see a link for "Online Access" it's available as an e-book.
These three electronic databases provide citations and full-text biographies.
Guides to Related Disciplines
Movement in Culture through History
by Greg Hatch Last Updated Sep 18, 2017 152 views this year
Dance Research Design
by Greg Hatch Last Updated Sep 18, 2017 144 views this year
by Greg Hatch Last Updated Sep 19, 2017 821 views this year
Art (Studio Art)
by Luke Leither Last Updated Aug 14, 2017 222 views this year
by Dale Larsen Last Updated Sep 22, 2017 665 views this year
by Peter Kraus Last Updated Aug 14, 2017 342 views this year