Standards (ASTM, Codes, IEEE, Industry & Techical): Home
TechStreet for Technical Standards
If you are looking for current technical standards such as the latest ASTM, ISO, ASHRAE, etc. standards, please search TechStreet and contact either April Love or the SHEM team. We may be able to purchase the standard for you. This service is only available for current U of U faculty, staff, or students.
NOTE to University of Utah Faculty: The J. Willard Marriott Library will purchase standards for regular faculty whenever they are needed to accomplish the teaching or research mission of the university. Simply fill out an interlibrary loan request online. Because of the exorbitant cost of some standards, the library reserves the right to limit the number or maximum cost of standards requests.
- Annual Book of ASTM Standards: American Society for Testing and Materials. TA401 .A653
Latest volume(s) in Materials Collection, Level 2. Older years and volumes are housed in the ARC.
NOTE: the Marriott Library has acquired the print 2013 edition of the Annual Book of ASTM Standards.
- The Marriott Library usually purchases the ASTM Standards every 3 years. Right now, the Marriott Library is unable to subscribe to the electronic version of the ASTM Standards. We will re-visit the issue of subscribing to the online version of the ASTM Standards at a later date.
- IEEE Xplore Standards Dictionary
- MAD CAD
MAD CAD is a state-of-the-art subscription-based reference database online, containing building codes, knowledge-based design solutions and, guidelines to meet the codes. MAD CAD will provide you access to cross-referenced collections of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from BOCA, SBCCI, ICBO, ICC, and NFPA. MAD CAD goes beyond compiling national standards, and gives you immediate access to comprehensive state and local codes to meet your unique architectural, engineering and educational solutions. Its ease of use lies in the implementation of a search engine and organizational tools.
- For other industry standards available at Marriott Library, click on the Library Resources tab.
NOTE: the Marriott Library owns very few industry standards.
- For industry standards available via the Web, click on the Web Resources tab.
NOTE: Be aware that most industry standards are not freely available on the internet. Much time and money are involved in the creation and maintanence of technical standards.
These organizations, mostly non-profit ones, must recover their costs from low-volume sales (which is to say, standards are not best sellers!).
- For more in-depth assistance, click on the Research Help tab.
Created 19 November 2009. Last updated August 18, 2016