Distance Education Online Resources: Home
Off Campus Access
You will need a uNID (University Network ID) and password to access online library resources (the same log on and password you use to register for classes).
TO CONNECT TO LIBRARY RESOURCES FROM HOME:
- Use the Student Portal. Log in with your uNID and find links to your classes (including WebCT), course reserves, research tools, and many library resources including article databases, e-books, and electronic journals. Use the 'Libraries & Research' section of the portal for the library resources.
- Download and install VPN software on your machine. Provides more complete and secure access to library and UU resources.
Need an article the Library doesn't have?
Interlibrary Loan is a free service available to students.Students are not charged for items that are unavailable from the University of Utah.
You will use your uNID and password to access Interlibrary Loan. By logging in you acknowledge and agree to all of the terms and conditions listed in the “Interlibrary Loan Policies and Frequently Asked Questions.” Please pay particular attention to the copyright statement.
For visual step-by-step instructions of the 4 methods for submitting ILL requests, please refer to our How-To Guide page.
Current U of U students, faculty or staff please login with your uNID and Password
Welcome to the site that shows you what Marriott Library resources and services are available online. There are several things that every faculty and student should know about accessing online library resources:
- If you are not on campus, you need to follow the directions for Off Campus Access as shown in the box to the left.
- Your uNID and password allows access to full-text resources at the Universities Libraries. If you want to make an ARC request or a book Hold request, you will use your uNID and password. If you have any problems with access, please call the Reserve Desk at 801-581-6049 or 801-581-4670 for assistance.
Consultation and Training Services
Librarians can help you:
- Understand and navigate databases
- Begin or advance your software skills
- Refine your research process and search the literature
- Create a podcast or record a video presentation
Explore the training opportunities offered by these organizations: