Business Writing 3016: Steps for doing a Company Analysis
Steps for doing a Company Analysis
Steps to Complete a Company Analysis
1. Begin with Macro (big picture) environmental scan. Drill down to Micro (specific industry/company) scan. Look at the financial statements of a company (at least the past 5 years). To find this information use:
3. Use IBISWorld Industry Research to identify the size of the market for your company and how it compares to the rest of the industry. Market share information can also be found in business articles that appear in magazines or newspapers. You may have to use Business Source Premier, Lexis Nexis, and the Wall Street Journal to find this information.
4. Look at Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage for ( 3rd party--objective) updated analyses of current status as well as 3-5 years projection of your interested company.
5. SWOT Analysis (Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, & threats). You may find this information using Business Source Premier. You may be able to draw conclusions about the company/industry by following the steps above.
6. The steps above are a recursive process that you will repeat many times. You may find an article and/or an update about your company an hour before your assignment is due.
J. Willard Marriott Suite 2110 P