About Green Office Certification
Offices are great places for teamwork, participation, and innovation. Departments and offices on campus represent a large portion of energy and material use, and production of waste on campus. Green Office Certification is a great tool for colleges and departments across campus to use that provides guidance and tools to help students, staff, and faculty adopt sustainable choices in the workplace that are good for people now and the generation to come.
How it works
- Register your department. This step will result in our office contacting you and provides important information we use for reporting.
- Post your Green Office Checklist and begin your self-assessment.
- Additional Green Office Checklist resources can be found here
- Request a training. Want a department presentation on Green Office? More information about recycling on campus? Need someone to meet with your green team to help them get started or make a plan? Need information on green event planning? Request a training.
Ready to certify?
- Notify us and a green-office specialist will schedule a department walk-through to verify level of certification. Email Ayrel.Clark@utah.edu
- Your office is presented with it's official Green Office Certification, as well as recognition on the Sustainability Office’s social media outlets.
- Renew/Review department certification to achieve the next level or every two years. We suggest that Green Office Educators use the Green Office Checklist to review offices annually to ensure things are still meeting certification requirements. Do this independently or request a walk-through from the Sustainability Office by emailing Karren.Fultz@utah.edu.