New to the U?: Searching using EndNote Basic
Online Searching from EndNote Basic
You can search some free databases, such as PubMed, directly through EndNote Basic using the Online Search option. Although this saves you a few keystrokes, you also don't have access to the more advanced search tools the databases offer. We recommend using Online Search only for importing known references.
To search a database,
- On the Collect tab, select Online Search.
- Select the database you want to search from the drop-down menu
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter your search terms, using the dropdown menus to select appropriate fields & click Search.
To import the results:
- Select results
- Add to a group (including Unfiled)