Transportation Safety: Home
On Selecting a topic
7520 Transportation Safety: Fundamental concepts of road safety analysis: data sources, exposure, contributing factors to crash occurrence and severity, driver behavior, statistical road safety modeling, before-after studies, economic analysis.
A literature review and meta-analysis on a safety topic will be one requirement of this course. You will find a link to the assignment below.
Considerations for Selecting a Topic
This is your project and it will be taking up a good bit of your time; make it work for your benefit. Consider:
- Your personal interests in the subject?
- Other work will you be engaged in this semester? Does it fit in with transportation safety?
- If transportation safety fits in with your future employment plans, what specific subjects will enhance your resume? Where is the research going?
- The Professor's suggested topics
Resources to Explore a Topic
- Subject Databases; Compendex, TRID, PAIS International
- If you find too much information on your topic, then you need to narrow your topic.
- If you do not find much information on your topic, then you need to broaden your topic.
About me -
My phone number is 801-585-5975. My office hours are Monday-Friday from 9am until 5pm. Please call or email first to make sure I'm available.
Data management, University and federal policies, repositories, campus storage options, research posters and electronic lab notebooks (ELNs) are my primary responsibilities.