Feature: Detail Magazine
The Marriott Library subscribes to DETAIL.
- The subscription began with vol. 42, issue no. 1, January 2002 and is current. Each volume (year) consists of 12 issues.
- Current issues are shelved in the Fine Arts & Architecture Library, 2nd LVL. They are available for 7-day check-out.
- Back issues are housed in the ARC (Automated Retrieval Center) and can be requested from the library catalog -- click on the "Locations & Request" tab to see all holdings.
If you are looking for something in particular (a building, a designer, a topic, etc.) then, you might find searching the Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals database (link), which indexes DETAIL.
In Avery, you can search all the sources indexed or you can limit your search to only DETAIL. To do this you'll need to begin with the Advanced Search interface; enter your search term(s); and then in one of the search boxes enter detail and search the field publication type -- alternatively, you can enter the following command search in the search box: PUB(detail).
News / Current Events & Historical
Databases Focusing on Engineering / Buliding Science
If you are looking for engineering-related information, we recommend these databases:
Databases Focusing on Architecture
The following databases index, abstract, and in some cases provide full text access to periodical literature on architecture and related fields of study.
Databases for Cross-Disciplinary Searching
The following databases index, abstract, and sometimes provide full text access to literature in a vareity of acaedmic disciplines -- including architecture and design.
- Last Updated: Sep 5, 2018 11:02 AM
- URL: https://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/architecture
- Print Page