Finding Test Instruments (Health, Education, & Psychology): Step 3
This guide is for students, staff, and faculty looking for test instruments including classes such as HEDU 4300, ESS 4900, etc.
CINAHL- Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature
Search for evidence: Is the instrument in Nursing or Allied Health, or psychological or social areas?
CINAHL contains the full text of some tests!
- Enter CINAHL with Full Text through the link below:
- CINAHL Database
- Remote access to CINAHL is .
- The search below locates contact information only for the revised edition of an instrument. The original instrument, which can be found in a journal (1961 Archives of General Psychiatry) article that the Library owns, is cited.
Searching for Back Depression Inventory (BDI):
From the results, choose:
Beck AT. Steer RA. Beck Depression Inventory, Revised Edition (BDI). [Research Instrument] The Psychological Corporation, 555 Academic Court, San Antonio, TX 78204, 1971. (3 ref)
- Although the test itself is not included, the description of the instrument includes telephone, fax, and mailing address for ordering BDI from The Psychological Corporation (the copyright owner).
- Obtain BDI pricing by contacting The Psychological Corporation.
- This is the revised instrument in current use and available for a fee.
- We have a copy of this original journal article by Beck et al. on depression inventory.
- It is available online.
- If you are looking for test names by category, try CINAHL subject headings:
- Descriptive Statistics--Field Studies-- Functional Assessment-- Health Screening--Instrument Scaling--Instrument Validation--Patient History-Taking--Psychological Tests--Questionnaires--Scales.
- For example, combine the CINAHL Headings Autistic Disorder AND Instrument Validation.
- Use a subheading, such as "evaluation," with a subject heading such as Child Health: child health/ev.
- Limit a subject search to Publication Type: choose Questionnaire/Scale.
- Use the textword "reliability": combine with the test name for reliability studies.