ORCID is an open source registry that provides each researcher who registers with a unique identifier. This allows the individual to differentiate his or her work from others with similar names. ORCID also allows the researcher to keep track of his or her research by putting the number on documents, like grant manuscripts.
You can choose to set up your own Google author page here: http://scholar.google.com/intl/en-US/scholar/citations.html
1.You can also create a Researcher ID or use your ORCID number to track your articles and citations in the Web of Science.
2. First, go to http://www.researcherid.com and create your Researcher ID. It will ask you to upload all of your information about your publications.
3. You can integrate this with your ORCID by adding your ORCID to the profile.
Updating your Faculty Activity Report regularly can also make it easier for people to track your research. Fortunately, updating your publications is easy to do using the import options.
1. Go to your FAR page at https://faculty.utah.edu/activityreport/login.hml Log in, and the choose Import My Data from the menu on the left side of the screen.
2. Choose Publications under Scopus.
3. Follow the instructions to import your citations from Scopus automatically.