Utah Architecture: Web/Government Resources
Salt Lake County Assessor's Office
What you will find at the Salt Lake County Assessor's Office:
- Current data on the value of a property (both land and structure).
- Search for property by owner's name, address, or parcel number here.
- Full description of the property: building style, number of rooms, year built, wall type, acreage, and more.
- Photographs are available for some lots
- Maps of the neighborhood by parcel
- Values of other properties in the neighborhood
- Property tax information (search by parcel number)
Salt Lake County Archives
What you will find at the Salt Lake County Archives:
- Property tax appraisal cards (1936-1980s): See an example of the kind of information this card provides here.
- Photographs of buildings recorded in the tax appraisal cards.
- Building Permits which document construction of new buildings.
- Land Title Certificates which document any changes to land ownership.
- Aerial Photographic Maps
This content is not available online. Contact Salt Lake County Archives to make a research appointment.
Recommended Web Resources
Information on current preservation efforts throughout Utah, as well as completed restoration projects.
National and Local Preservation Organizations (list provided by Utah State History)
Visit the Recorder's Office to find a chain of title (record of property ownership).