Intro to Dance Research: Library Catalogs
Get materials from other libraries
WorldCat, New York Public Library (NYPL), and Google Books all search materials owned at other libraries. Use the Interlibrary Loan link to request they be sent to you here at Marriott Library.
Find books, e-books, videos, & more at Marriott Library
For dance-related keyword searches, type in the following keyword phrase:
danc* AND your topic
Replace the words your topic with other topics you want included, such as:
- nutrition, injury, community, etc.
- New York, Utah, Tokyo, Russia, etc.
- jazz, improvisation, Limon, etc.
To add more than one topic, connect additional terms with the word AND. (Using more terms will retrieve fewer―but more specific―results.)
danc* AND Humphrey AND technique
To search synonyms or related terms enclose them in parentheses and connect with OR.
danc* AND (nutrition OR food)
Once you find an item that fits your topic, look at the Subject links in the full catalog record. Click on a Subject link to find other items with related subject content.
- For example, after doing a keyword search for danc* and technique, I found books and other items with these Subjects:
These links lead to dozens more items that did not appear in my original search.
- Creator = choreographer, artist, composer, playwright, author, etc.
- Choreographers and dance companies can be both authors and subjects.