Creating New Authority Records
You can also send information about a person to the Metadata section in advance and we can create an authority record.
Details to send include:
- Full name if known
- The form of name the person seemed to use most often
- Dates of birth and death
- Other biographical information that is likely to go into a summary in the EAD
- Source of information, this will be cited in the NACO record
What individuals should have their own name authorities set up?
- The individual for whom a collection is named, that is, the one primarily responsible for either the composition or collection of the archive being scanned.
- Authors of journals, diaries, and other substantial texts within the collection.
- Authors of letters sent to the archive’s central person, especially if there were numerous such letters.