This course research guide was designed to help you be suceessful with course assignments and your case presentation.
Reference it often to review objectives, resources, and assignments.
Start with the overview and progress to the tabs for each week.
Ask A Question
See Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3 tabs for additional materials.
Topics in Obstetrics and Gynecology – 2014-2015
Objectives and Course Outline
- Each student will effectively and efficiently search and retrieve evidence-based information to answer clinical questions.
- Each student will teach their peer group an evidence-based approach to an assigned clinical case in obstetrics or gynecology.
- Each student will present an evidence-based answer to their assigned clinical case.
Week 1: PubMed searching
Week 2: Evidence-based resources and website evaluation
Week 3: Using PowerPoint to effectively present information
Week 4: Professor's Rounds presentations
Week 5: Professor's Rounds presentations continued
The faculty facilitator has three primary goals for the next five weeks. At the end of this course, students will:
1. Understand how to search more proficiently
2. Teach other students one of the top 25 topics in Ob/Gyn
3. Practice the 10-minute teaching moment, which can be used in both academic and clinical experiences
Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library
10 North 1900 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-5890
Room 209 (upper level)
Eccles Health Sciences Library
10N 1900 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84112