Transportation Safety: Home
On Selecting a topic
7520 Transportation Safety: Fundamental concepts of road safety analysis: data sources, exposure, contributing factors to crash occurrence and severity, driver behavior, statistical road safety modeling, before-after studies, economic analysis.
A literature review and meta-analysis on a safety topic will be one requirement of this course. You will find a link to the assignment below.
Considerations for Selecting a Topic
This is your project and it will be taking up a good bit of your time; make it work for your benefit. Consider:
- Your personal interests in the subject?
- Other work will you be engaged in this semester? Does it fit in with transportation safety?
- If transportation safety fits in with your future employment plans, what specific subjects will enhance your resume? Where is the research going?
- The Professor's suggested topics
Resources to Explore a Topic
- Subject Databases; Compendex, TRID, PAIS International
- If you find too much information on your topic, then you need to narrow your topic.
- If you do not find much information on your topic, then you need to broaden your topic.
About me -
I am the campus administrator for Labarchives. I am also responsible for data management, University and federal policies, repositories, campus storage options, research posters.