LibGuides Best Practices
To reach our patrons most effectively, best practices are listed throughout this guide for you to follow as a LibGuide creator.
For consistency among the Marriott Library's LibGuides follow the rules below.
|Use the phrase "Start Here" (rather than "get started" or "getting started")|
|Set links to "open in new window"|
|Use black, Arial typeface|
|Keep default colors|
|Include your profile box|
- Springshare's Best Practices for Creating LibGuidesBest practices from the creators of LibGuides themselves.
- Getting Started With LibGuidesAdditional best practices and instructions in a LibGuide from the University of Illinois.
- Really Really Ridiculously Good-Looking: Best Practices for Creating LibGuides by Meghan DamourThis chapter greatly informed the guide you're viewing and contains many excellent suggestions for how to create quality LibGuides.
- Last Updated: Jan 4, 2023 8:57 AM
- URL: https://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/bestpractices
- Print Page
Tags: best practices, libguides, training