LibGuides Best Practices
To reach our patrons most effectively, best practices are listed throughout this guide for you to follow as a LibGuide creator.
Make your guides discoverable
- Use natural language. Use the same type of language your users use for keyword searches.
- Assign appropriate subjects and tags to your guide.
- Create friendly URLs. A friendly URL is a web address that is easy to read and describes the content in your guide. For instance:
Not Friendly :(
This makes it so patrons can remember how to access your guide later without having to go through the library website, and also increases the chance of your guide showing up on search engines.
- Springshare's Best Practices for Creating LibGuidesBest practices from the creators of LibGuides themselves.
- Getting Started With LibGuidesAdditional best practices and instructions in a LibGuide from the University of Illinois.
- Really Really Ridiculously Good-Looking: Best Practices for Creating LibGuides by Meghan DamourThis chapter greatly informed the guide you're viewing and contains many excellent suggestions for how to create quality LibGuides.
- Last Updated: Jan 4, 2023 8:57 AM
- URL: https://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/bestpractices
- Print Page
Tags: best practices, libguides, training