LibGuides Best Practices
To reach our patrons most effectively, best practices are listed throughout this guide for you to follow as a LibGuide creator.
SHEM LibGuides Checklist!
Check here to make sure your guide uses...
- Database assets (not your own links) - Be sure to add new relevant SHEM databases (Springer Protocols, ASTM Compass, etc.)
- Side navigation (this is more user and mobile friendly than tab navigation). Most important content should go in the middle column at the top of the page (this will be seen first on mobile devices).
- Appropriate subjects & tags (these will make your guides discoverable)
- A friendly URL
- An updated profile box. Profile boxes should appear in the far right-hand column on the "Start here" (welcome/home) page.
- Current department names and degrees
- Relevant reusable boxes mapped from the master guide (and always the chat box!)
- All updated links leading to the correct page
- The "Other College of Health Research Guides" box (on every SHEM guide's "Start here" page)
- Include textbooks and key reference materials (i.e. the new reference materials we purchased or the SPIE eBooks)
More help can be found here, or contact Tallie Casucci.
(See the Health & Kinesiology guide as an example.)
- Last Updated: Jan 4, 2023 8:57 AM
- URL: https://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/bestpractices
- Print Page
Tags: best practices, libguides, training