Materials Science & Engineering
This guide highlights MSE library resources for MSE students, faculty, and staff.
Presentations & Handouts
Willing Suspension of Integrity: Research Misconduct & Academic Pitfalls
- Sample Two-Minute Challenges: Research From the National Center for Professional & Research Ethics By C.. K. Gunsalus, University of Illinois Board of Trustees, 2010- 2017
- Fostering Integrity in Research National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2017. Fostering Integrity in Research. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/21896.
- Policy 7-001: Policy for Research Misconduct (University of Utah) From the University of Utah Regulations Library
- Retraction Watch Database From https://retractionwatch.com/
- They Say / I Say by This book identifies the key rhetorical moves in academic writing. It shows students how to frame their arguments as a response to what others have said and provides templates to help them start making the moves. The fourth edition features many NEW examples from academic writing,...Call Number: PE1431 .G73 2018ISBN: 9780393631678Publication Date: 2018
- A Rulebook for Arguments by A Rulebook for Arguments is a succinct introduction to the art of writing and assessing arguments, organized around specific rules, each illustrated and explained soundly but briefly....ISBN: 9780872209541Publication Date: 2008
- Writing Successful Science Proposals by An authoritative how-to guide that explains every aspect of science proposal writing This fully revised edition of the authoritative guide to science proposal writing is an essential tool for any researcher embarking on a grant or thesis application. In accessible steps, the authors detail every stage of proposal writing, from conceiving and designing a project to analyzing data, synthesizing results, estimating a budget, and addressing reviewer comments and resubmitting....Call Number: Q180.55 P7 F75ISBN: 9780300226706Publication Date: 2018
Graduate Student Reading Room
The Graduate Student Reading Room is a quiet study space available to any registered graduate student at the University of Utah.
- Do you have access to the Marriott Library Graduate Reading Room? As a graduate student you can apply for special access to this room which provides a quiet place to study or write and make appointments to meet to the graduate writing consultants.
- Marriott Library Graduate Student Website for resources for teaching and research