Urban Institute for Teacher Education: Getting Started
What is Praxis?
The Praxis Series™ exams provide educational tests and other services that states use as part of their teacher licensure and certification process. The Praxis I® tests measure basic academic skills, and the Praxis II® tests measure general and subject-specific knowledge and teaching skills.
Check out this link to the Utah site for information about Praxis.
Get official Praxis™ test prep
Find study guides, practice tests, free webinars and tips to help you prepare for a Praxis test.
In-library Praxis Guides
Praxis, 2013. Knowledge Commons, Ready Reference, Level 2 LB2367.75.P735 2013
Praxis Series Official Guide, General Collection, Level 2, LB2367.75P735 2010
Praxis Exam Cram, Knowledge Commons, level 2, LB1762P37 2009
The best teachers' test preparation for the Praxis II English subject assessments : (0041, 0042, 0043, 0049) Ready Reference Knowledge Commons, Level 2, PE1114 .D38 2009
To identify recently added Praxis guides, use the following strategy:
- Go to Usearch at http://www.lib.utah.edu
- Type in "Praxis" in the search box.
- Click on the Details of any item. In the Details you will see a subject heading: Teaching United States Examinations Study guides
- This heading draws together all of the Praxis guides within the Marriott Library's collection.
- Click on this link to find all of the Praxis guides in the Marriott Library.
- The call number and location of the item will be listed under the Location link.
Below are some tips on library services to get you started at the U.
- Research ConsultationsLibrarians offer research consultations, and most importantly we can save you time! You can make an appointment with a library specialist in your subject area or if you need an answer as soon as possible, use our email reference to contact us.
- Borrowing MaterialsYou can check out, renew, or recall an item that someone else has.
- Interlibrary LoanFree service! Items not found at the Marriott Library will be requested from another library through Interlibrary Loan. In most instances books are available within 1 to 2 weeks and photocopies of articles can be provided as quickly as 24-48 hours
- Citation Management ToolIncluded is more information on Endnote Basic
2nd Floor Library, Room 2110B
Office Hours: By Appointment
Liaison to the College of Education,