Consumer Behavior (4770)
What these sources offer
Investors will want to know about prospects of their perspective industry.
To get a big picture, start with industry surveys from S&P NetAdvantage.
Use news from industry and trade associations to learn more about product lines within an industry.
Find benchmarks for firms in your industry with ratios and norms compiled by accountants and economists.
Ratios & Norms
- The U. S. Industry and Trade Outlook '98 byISBN: 0070329311Publication Date: 1997-11-01The #1 Guide to U.S. Industry & Trade is Back Whether you want to identify sectors with the highest growth potential-stay on top of major developments in key industries-or find new marketing & investment opportunities, you won't find a more comprehensive resource than this edition of the leading reference guide to U.S. industry & trade. The result of an innovative joint venture between the U.S. Department of Commerce/International Trade Administration, DRI/McGraw-Hill, & Standard & Poor's, the U.S. Industry & Trade Outlook '96 provides sector-by-sector reviews, forecasts & global reports for more than 350 industries, including: computer software; construction; transportation; textiles; financial services; metals; microelectronics; retailing; aerospace; motor vehicles; telecommunications; entertainment.
- Industry norms and key business ratios byArranged by SIC code, this work includes financial data and important ratios from an aggregate number of establishments within an industry. Examination of this information establishes present and future norms from which a venture's performance can be judged.
Almanac of Business & Industrial Financial Ratios
Call Number: HF5681 .R25 A4
Highlights financial ratios using tax return information from the IRS. The almanac covers 50 operating and financial ratios for 179 areas of business. Provides performance figures and ratios for 10 years
- Annual Statement Studies Financial Ratio Benchmarks - The Risk Management Association
- Call Number: HF5681 .B2 R6
- ISBN: B001S2RRV4
- Industry Norms & Key Business Ratios - Dun & Bradstreet Inc.
- Call Number: HF5681 .R25 I525
- This annual publication lists industry norms and business ratios for public and privately-owned businesses. The book covers over 800 lines of business. The data is based on balance sheets, income statements and financial ratios.
Introduction to Marketing Strategy
This guide is designed for student-entrepreneurs and product developers who want to write a business plan.
Business plans typically include:
- an Industry Review summarizing the current status and outlook for an industry or sector
- an evaluation of the Cometitive Environment including potential competitors
- a Market Analysis with information on customer needs & target markets (consumer, b2b, institutional)
The guide lists sources for these types of information, along with tips for using Industry Codes and for finding market share & market size.