Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
All University of Utah libraries course and research guides, in one place.
Research Strategies: ENVST 3280 Organic Gardening
- Gardening and agriculture can be the subject of academic study, but are also practiced by gardeners and farmers who don't necessarily take an academic approach.
- Gardening and agriculture are highly dependent on geography, climate and bio-region
- There are federal, state and local government agencies with a mission to support agriculture and food security.
- Look for activist groups that support or oppose various gardening and agricultural practices (for example, urban chickens, front yard gardens, GMO crops, community supported agriculture, etc...).
- In the U.S., Land grant colleges or agricultural colleges teach and study agriculture. These colleges offer cooperative extension services that publish agricultural information specific to local conditions.
Sustainable Food Initiatives Manager