Course Reserves: Course Reserve Searching and Faceting
To access Course Reserves from the Marriott Library homepage go to www.lib.utah.edu and click on Course Reserve under the main search bar.
Type your class number, for example, MID E 3773. You can also add your professor’s last name, or look for just their last name. You can use the filters on the right side to fine tune your results. Searching the title of the article is also possible. To access the reading, click on the title.
Next, login with your CIS login: UNID and password. Then click View full text. The reading will appear as a pdf, that you can read online, print, or download. If it is the full electronic book, you may have another link to click to access the book after this page. To go back to the main class list, click the X on the right side.
If you are using Chrome, and the pdf does not open properly, you can either try Safari or Firefox, or do the following in the Chrome settings:
1. Open the Google Chrome browser.
2. Click the 3 dots at the top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. On the Settings window, under Privacy and security, click the Site Settings option.
5. Scroll down the Site Settings screen to find and click the PDF documents option.
6. Next to Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome, click the toggle switch to set to On.
Troubleshooting: If you cannot find your class or the Professor.
Search the title of the article or chapter, under both Course Reserve and on the Main page. The reading may be in the catalog without being on Reserve.
If it is a chapter in a book, search the title of the book.
Search for the author of the article.
Ask for help at a Service Desk, or call Reserve at 801-581-6049. There is a Chat feature on the home page of the library as well.