Diversity and Inclusion
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides
Data & Demographics
Contains links to data and statistics on diversity, equity, and inclusion at University of Utah, Utah and nationwide.
University of Utah Data
- University of Utah Office of Institutional ResearchThe Offices of Budget & Planning and Institutional Analysis are the official source of University information regarding state allocated budgets, students, faculty, departments, colleges, and certain traditional higher education indices, such as institutional revenue sources, student headcount enrollment, student credit hours, student and faculty demographic information, and graduation and degrees awarded information.
- University of Utah Fast Facts (2020)Student enrollment, degrees awarded, percent of race/ethnicity by student type, gender, and more.
- Staff Diversity Data by yearFrom University of Utah Human Resources.
- Fingertip Facts on Education in UtahUtah State Board of Education report containing statistics about Utah's public schools and districts for the 2017–18 school year, including ethnic distribution of students and teachers.
- College Factual - University of Utah DiversityEducate Yourself on Diversity at U of U, Including how Similar This School is to Others in the Nation.
- U.S. Census Bureau Quick Facts - UtahQuickFacts provides statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)IPEDS is a system of interrelated surveys conducted annually by the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). Contains software to view data trends, and generate summary reports comparing variables across institutions, and more.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Planning, Evaluation and Policy Development and Office of the Under Secretary, Advancing Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education, Washington, D.C., 2016Advancing Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education: Key Data Highlights Focusing on Race and Ethnicity and Promising Practices
- Race, Ethnicity, and Gender of Full-Time Faculty at More Than 3,700 InstitutionsThe sortable table below shows the percentages of full-time faculty members who were members of specific racial and ethnic groups at degree-granting colleges and universities in November 2015.
- Where Are the Minority Professors?An examination of the demographics of more than 400,000 professors at 1,500 colleges shows where those of each rank, gender, race/ethnicity, and tenure status can be found.
- Diversity in Academe: The Age Issue, The Chronicle of Higher Education, September 13, 2017The Chronicle’s first special report devoted to age diversity on campuses. This annual issue also features compelling personal essays dealing with identity and disability.
- What Are Students Demanding?In 2016, colleges and universities around the United States and Canada experienced perhaps the biggest upsurge in student activism since the 1960s. The student protests were focused on social justice, specifically on issues of diversity and inclusion.