Diversity and Inclusion
Gender Studies Subject Specialist
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides
The Data Behind Hollywood's Sexism
- TED Talk - Stacy Smith, Founder and Director of Annenberg Inclusion Initiative at USCWhere are all the women and girls in film? Social scientist Stacy Smith analyzes how the media underrepresents and portrays women, shares hard data behind gender bias in Hollywood, and shares her data-driven solutions to the problem.
2020 Women on Boards
- Research2020 Women on Boards conducts research studies about the gender composition of the boards of directors of US companies.
The cornerstone of the 2020 Women on Boards campaign is the 2020 Gender Diversity Directory, a database of public and private companies that we categorize based on the gender composition of their boards.
- Differences in STEM doctoral publication by ethnicity, gender and academic field at a large public research university. PloS one, 12(4), e0174296.Mendoza-Denton, R., Patt, C., Fisher, A., Eppig, A., Young, I., Smith, A., & Richards, M. A. (2017).
- Expectations of brilliance underlie gender distributions across academic disciplines. Science, 347(6219), 262-265.Leslie, S. J., Cimpian, A., Meyer, M., & Freeland, E. (2015).
- The Diversity Style Guide - LGBTQ GlossaryThis media language guide includes terms and phrases related to sexual orientation and gender identity.
AAUW (American Association of University Women)
University of Utah Women's Resource Center
The Women’s Resource Center (WRC) at the University of Utah serves as the central resource for educational and support services for women. Honoring the complexities of women’s identities, the WRC facilitates choices and changes through programs, counseling, and training grounded in a commitment to advance social justice and equality.
- Work study
- Much more
200 S. Central Campus Dr., Room 411 (Union 411)
- Presidential Commission on the Status of WomenThe site can help answer any questions you may have about the commission, learn more about the resources available on campus specifically designed to address the concerns of women, and connect with others who share your interests. We are an action-based commission, serving the needs of women faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
University of Utah LGBT Resource Center
The LGBT Resource Center acts in accountability with the campus community by identifying the needs of people with a queer range of (a)gender and (a)sexual experiences and responding with university-wide services.
- Academic advising
- Peer to peer counseling
200 S. Central Campus Dr., Room 409 (Union 409)