Diversity and Inclusion
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides
Office for Equity and Diversity
- University of Utah Office for Equity and DiversityWe in the Office for Equity and Diversity are comprised of leaders, experts, and educators who drive the University’s efforts to create a safe and welcoming campus climate.
- Office for Equity and Diversity ScholarshipsThe following is not a comprehensive list of all available scholarships, rather a guide to some that are available for University of Utah students. If you have questions, please contact Anthony Shirley. (Contact info on website).
University of Utah Black Cultural Center (BCC)
Opening spring 2019, more info coming soon!
95 Fort Douglas Blvd, Building 603 (Fort Douglas)
More contact info TBA
Diversity at the University of Utah
- Diversity at the University of UtahThe University of Utah's campus-wide diversity initiatives contribute to a richer overall campus climate, attract academic and professional talent, and strengthen the U's ability to educate the next generation of leaders.
This page provides a list of resources and programs.
- Office of Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action & Title IXThe Office of Equal Opportunity And Affirmative Action (OEO/AA) is a professional resource dedicated to the University of Utah’s commitment to provide a fair and equitable environment for individuals to pursue their academic and professional endeavors and to equally access University programs.
- Graduate School Diversity OfficeInclusiveness of students from communities underrepresented in higher education, particularly racial and ethnic communities, creates a better academic environment for all students and is a goal we are committed to reaching. The University of Utah Graduate School is dedicated to collaborating with university entities to create a campus climate that accommodates all members of the graduate community.
- University of Utah Staff Diversity and Equity CommitteeThe Diversity Committee has been very active in meeting the staff diversity and equity challenges that we have identified. In particular, we have formed three subcommittees: The Recruitment Subcommittee, The Career Mobility Subcommittee, and the University Partnership Subcommittee.
- Office for Inclusive ExcellenceTo engage, support, and advance an environment fostering the values of respect, diversity, equity, inclusivity, and academic excellence for students in our increasingly global campus community.
- Resources for Inclusive Excellence by CollegeIncludes:
National Organization of Minority Architects
National Society of Black Engineers
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
Society of Women Engineers
Women in Engineering
Graduate Women in Business
Undergraduate Women in Business
Asian Student Care Program
PATHways for American Indians through Higher Education
The American Indian Social Work Program
Girls Leadership Forum
Voices of Diversity
- Senate Advisory Committee on DiversityThe Senate Advisory Committee on Diversity shall provide leadership and expertise to the University community in promoting diversity in their various roles and activities and serve as a forum for the exchange of ideas within the University.
University of Utah American Indian Resource Center (AIRC)
The mission of the American Indian Resource Center (AIRC) at the University of Utah is to advocate for American Indian and Alaskan Native students through recruitment and retention projects that lead to graduation. The AIRC serves as a vital link between American Indian and Alaskan Native students; the University; and the larger community. The AIRC works to increase American Indian student visibility and success on campus by advocating for and providing student centered programs and tools to enhance academic success, cultural events to promote personal wellbeing, and a supportive “home-away-from-home” space for students to grow and develop leadership skills. The AIRC also strives to advance public education concerning American Indians and Alaskan Natives on the University of Utah campus and in surrounding communities.
- Academic Advising
- Student Groups
- Cultural Support
- Student Lounge
1925 De Trobriand St, Bldg 622 (Fort Douglas)
University of Utah Center For Ethnic Student Affairs (CESA)
- Academic Advising
- Student groups
- Cultural support
- Tutoring services
- Student lounge
200 S. Central Campus Dr., Room 235 (Union 235)
University of Utah Women's Resource Center
The Women’s Resource Center (WRC) at the University of Utah serves as the central resource for educational and support services for women. Honoring the complexities of women’s identities, the WRC facilitates choices and changes through programs, counseling, and training grounded in a commitment to advance social justice and equality.
- Work study
- Much more
200 S. Central Campus Dr., Room 411 (Union 411)
- Presidential Commission on the Status of WomenThe site can help answer any questions you may have about the commission, learn more about the resources available on campus specifically designed to address the concerns of women, and connect with others who share your interests. We are an action-based commission, serving the needs of women faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
University of Utah DREAM Center for Undocumented Students
- DREAM CenterThe Dream Center at the University of Utah Office of Engagement works holistically with undocumented students and their families from college access to graduation. The Dream Center (1) engages in specialized college outreach and access strategies, (2) provides individualized mentoring and scholarship support for current and future University of Utah undocumented students, (3) promotes campus-wide advocacy and trainings for University of Utah students, faculty, staff and administration, and (4) increases community-wide awareness of policies affecting current and future University of Utah undocumented students.
University of Utah Center for Disability Access
- Center for Disability AccessServices for University of Utah students.
University of Utah LGBT Resource Center
The LGBT Resource Center acts in accountability with the campus community by identifying the needs of people with a queer range of (a)gender and (a)sexual experiences and responding with university-wide services.
- Academic advising
- Peer to peer counseling
200 S. Central Campus Dr., Room 409 (Union 409)