Faculty Topics in Higher Education: Information about this Library Guide
Welcome to the Library Guide on Faculty Topics in Higher Education
This Library Guide will provide links to library resources as well as links to events, conferences, organizations, and workshops on topics of interest for faculty, librarians, and graduate teaching assistants. Each tab across the top of this page will provide information on a different topic. To begin, we are adding materials related to a Leading Effective Meetings Workshop held in January 2012. As new topics are introduced, new tabs will be added. Please leave comments here for topics you would like to see explored on additional tabs.
Higher Education Organizations
- American Council on Education (ACE) Leadership Programs Website
- The Academy for Academic Leaders (AAL)
- The American Academic Leadership Institute (AALI)
- The National Academy for Academic Leadership
- HERS (Higher Education Resource Services) that sponsors the HERS Institute and HERS Summit
- Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) - Education
Links to Open Source Canvas Materials
Below are links to open source resources, courses and tuorials set up in Canvas, our Learning Management System. You can access the materials without a login, but if you are interested in really participating in a tutorial or course you must be enrolled as a student in the course. Send me at email at this address, email@example.com and include your email address. If you are a faculty member or graduate teaching assistant at the University of Utah send me your uNID for enrollment. I would be glad to enroll you.
- The VITL (Visual, Information and Technology Literacy) Resource Website with materials about teaching and learning with visuals
- A Quality Course Framework Tutorial, a self-directed online tutorial to help you design a quality course using a framework based on teh L. Dee. Fink Model of creating significant learning environments
- A compansion website for a TACC (Technology Assisted Curriculum Center) Spring Faculty Forum held in Arpil 2012 that contains exampels of how faculty are using Canvas in their courses.