Education, Leadership, & Policy: Find Books and More
Using My.Utah.edu: To secure access to subscription resources at the Marriott Library, please enter by accessing your account at My.Utah.edu with your UNID and password. To access article databases and e-books, there is a new link that looks like this. OR You may also wish to use the campus VPN.
DVDs, CDs, and More
Multimedia resources owned by the Marriott Library are listed in the Library Catalog. To find these resources use the "Advanced Keyword" search mode and use the "Format" box under the heading "Limits" to limit your search appropriately.
For example: To find a DVD on the subject of child development, in the "Advanced Keyword" search mode, enter "child development," as a general keyword search or a subject keyword search, limiting your search to Video, DVD, Film.
If you are looking for a specific DVD, in the "Advanced Keyword" search mode, enter the title of the item as a title keyword search, limiting your search to Video, DVD, Film.
Books, Print and Electronic
Use these catalogs to:
- Find books, both print and electronic, government documents, audio-visual materials, manuscripts, maps, software and electronic media.
- FInd articles from a FEW of the Marriott Library's research databases.
- Find the titles of journals or magazines libraries subscribe to, but not individual articles within each magazine or journal.
- Search by author, title, subject, keywords, date, or ISBN/ISSN.
Usearch (Library Catalog)
Lists items, inclucing online books and journal articles, accessible through UU Libraries as well as journals, magazines and newspapers the U libraries subscribe to. Identifies the location of a book and indicates whether or not the book is checked out. For access to the full text of online books and articles, see Off Campus Access Information.
When you use Usearch, look to the left panel of the screen and you will see the many ways to limit your search. Some of the most useful limits might be Peer-reviewed Journals listed in the Show Only category at the top and the various choices under Subject and Creation Date.
It is important to remember that for a more comprehensive article search with advanced searching capability, you should use the article databases tab within this guide.
A combined catalog of over 14,000 libraries from around the world listing over 40,000,000 items. You can place an Interlibrary Loan request for items found in other libraries while online. The book will be sent here while articles will be sent directly to you in an email.
For a quick search in WorldCat use the box below:
Google Scholar Search Box
You are able to search Google Scholar from this box. It is also available on the Article Databases tab (Marriott Library's home page) or on the Open Web. Be sure to set your Google Scholar Preferences so that you can directly link to full-text resources available at the Marriott Library.
- Go to Google Scholar at http://scholar.google.com/
- Clink on the Scholar Preferences link in the upper right-hand corner
- In the Library Links section, type Utah in the search box
- Click Find Library
- Put a check mark in the boxes that read:
- Open WorldCat - Library Search
- Click Save Preferences to save the settings
Show library access links for (choose up to three libraries):