Education, Leadership, & Policy: Getting Started with Library Research
Contact Info Flyer
Accessing Full Text Resources
Using My.Utah.edu: To secure access to full text resources at the Marriott Library, please click on the Log In Arrow in teh top right corner of the library homepage and enter your UNID and password. OR You may also wish to use the campus VPN.
5 Top Searching Strategies Handout
Google Scholar is a great place to start your research. Scholar has the ease of Google but limits a search to more scholarly resources. It can be linked to the library databases so that you can discover resources we have at the U of U library directly from within Google Scholar while also discovering government reports, documents from Europe, Asia and Australia as well.
To link Google Scholar to our Marriott Library resources,:
1. Click on the Settings link (wheel) at the top of the page.
2. Click on Library Links on the left navigation menu and type University of Utah to the search box and search, then select the Get it at the UU option, and click save Button. These settings will stay on your computer until you clean out your cache. Now you will see the Get at the UU link on the right side of the source if Utah has that in any of our databases.
4. After you search you will see a new left hand navigation menu appear.
- You can limit by year
- You can click the save link and make a list of sources in own library if logged into Google
- Sort by date or relevance
5. Now do a search using keywords to find scholarly articles. You will see under the search item listing, cited by #, related articles these may also be possible articles to check out. Take note of journal names, keywords, author names, you can use those to limit by when searching later
The Get it at the UU link that appears to the right of the sources will take you directly into the library database. This is helpful if you are not sure what database to use.
2nd Floor Library
Office Hours: By Appointment