FCS 6901 Thesis Development Seminar: PsycINFO Tutorial
How to use PsycINFO
PsycINFO contains citations and summaries from various journals and books which cover psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines, including sociology, education, business, economics, and law. Journal coverage includes international material selected from more than 1,300 periodicals written in over 30 languages. The collection includes citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, technical reports, citations for dissertations, and some full-text articles. You can also use the strategies outlined below to search Education Full Text + ERIC, another great database.
To get to PsycINFO:
1. Go to the library homepage at lib.utah.edu and log in in the upper right corner with your uNID and password.
2. Click on the Databases Tab above the search box.
3. Click on the letter P
3. Find and Click on PsycINFO.
4. On the top left corner, you can use Thesaurus to get the related subject headings. You can combine subject heading by using AND, OR or NOT. Then Click Browse. At the end, you can click on Search.
5. To export the results, first select the desired ones and then click on Export button on the top and on Export refine on the below left.
6. A small new page will pop up. Select Save File and click on OK.
7. Then go to your EndNote and click on Collect tab, and then on Import Reference. Then browse to find the citation in your computer (Download section). Select the PsycINFO. If you do not have it, add it from Select Favorites. Select your folder to import the citations.