Family and Consumer Studies
How to use Scopus
To use Scopus:
1. Go to the library homepage at lib.utah.edu and log in in the upper right corner with your uNID and password.
2. Click on the Databases Tab above the search box.
3. Click on the letter S
4. Click on the red title link in the results page.
5. In Scopus page, you can type your key words in search box. You also can add a new box and use boolean search operators (AND, OR and AND NOT) like dermatology AND "skin diseases" and NOT scars. Than click Search button at below right side.
6. You can limit the results by facets on the left side by many things including year (for last 10 years), by Subject area, Document type, Source title and country. For more details about a specific resource in the result, you can click on Find It which is specified by green circle in below image.
7. If you want to find results related to your topic, Scopus helps you, finds the abstracts and related documents, and searches and tracks the author's publications. Scopus also provides author's details and a list of the author's most recent documents. This database creates a graph for a quick view of the author's citations and documents per year. It also provides references the author has used in his/her documents. Click on the title of an article to see the amazing information.
8. To export the results to the EndNote, first select the desired ones and then click on Export button on the top. On the next page, select the RIS Format EndNote and, then, click on the Export button on the left below.
9. Then go to your EndNote and click on Collect then on Import Reference. Browse to find the citation in your computer (Download section). Select the Scopus. If you do not have it, add it from Select Favorites. Select your folder to import the citations.
10. Then, go to My Reference and click on the destination folder and see your exported article.
For more information, go to Scopus online Help.