New York Times access for University of Utah Campus
Create and find out what is available with a campus account
University of Utah has subscribed to the New York Times online. Access is free for currently-enrolled students, faculty, and staff but registration is required. You must be connected to a campus internet network to register; after registering you can access your New York Times account from anywhere. LibGuide template created by Northern Idaho College.
New York Times for the University of Utah
For many years the Collegiate Readership Fee has funded access to Newspapers for University of Utah students. Last year ASUU Student Leaders facilitated a survey to a sample of students asking if they would be interested in an online news option instead. Many students indicated interest in an online option, rather than the current/previous readership program which solely featured paper copies around campus.
For the first time ever, the Collegiate Readership Fee will be used to bring news access to students online! This program will trial for one year (12 months), so students are encouraged to utilize this resource now! A chance to offer feedback on this online program will come later this year. This NYT online subscription program replaces the USA Today subscription (hard copy papers around campus).
We hope this new option will be a more relevant news option for students. The program is funded by the Collegiate Readership Fee for students. Academic Affairs and Human Resources have also contributed funds so that faculty and staff can enjoy access as well. Here is how students, faculty, and staff can utilize this program now.
How to Activate a Your University of Utah New York Times Account
- Navigate to accessNYT.com and enter "University of Utah" into the search box when prompted.
- Click on the CREATE ACCOUNT button using your current "utah.edu" email address (University of Utah email address is required).
- You will then receive an email from New York Times with instructions on completing the registration. Follow the instructions as given.
- When you see the Start Your Access screen, the expiration* time and date of your pass will appear. Create a reminder on your calendar as access is good for 52 weeks (or 364 days from account activation).
- Go to nytimes.com and enjoy access from any location by logging into your account (upper right corner of the page).
- Last Updated: Oct 8, 2020 12:50 PM
- URL: https://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/c.php?g=1086478
- Print Page