Concept/Mind Mapping: Concept/Mind Mapping Software
This library guide provides resources for the why and how of concept mapping.
Concept/Mind Mapping Software
Free Software Products
- IHCM CMapTools software (free download for MACs and PCs, with an option for web collaboration
- Visual Understanding Environment (VUE)
- video that shows you how to create concept maps 3 different ways
- Lucidchart and then you go to https://www.lucidchart.com/pages/education/university There is a set of templates for education that might be useful for concept mapping. http://www.appsusergroup.org/news/new-lucidchart-templates "..
Other Software Products (For a price)
- Inspiration Software Company has several products:
- iMap 6 (Tony Buzzan Product, ThinkBuzzan.com) for both Mac and PC
- SmartDraw software
- Edraw has different software for different types of diagrams, PC only
Links to Additional And Related Support and Resources
Library Resources and Initiatives
- Visual, Information and Technology Literacy (VITL) - An open Canvas page with information about VITL and links developed by an interdisciplinary community looking at the literacies required for the 21st century.
- Information Aesthetics Library Guide - That looks at visualization and information graphics
- Imagination, Creativity and Innovation Library Guide