Parenting Across Cultures
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides
Resources for Cultural Information
- Guide to culturally competent health care byISBN: 0803639627Publication Date: 2014"The Purnell Model is your guide as you explore 34 different cultures and the issues that you need to be sensitive to...including cultural variations regarding personal space, dietary preferences, communication, symptom management, activities of daily living, and religious and health practices."
- Available refugee health profiles include:
Central American (Guatemalan, Honduran, Salvadoran) Minor Refugees
- Cultural, ethnic, and religious reference manual for health care providers byCall Number: Marriott Reserve RA418.5.T73 A53 2005Publication Date: 2005 3rd ed.This loose-leaf manual provides 8 to 10 page chapters on variety of groups by religiousity and ethniciy including The Amish, Latter-Day Saints, Pacific Islanders, Sikhs, Buddhism, Arabs, Haitians, etc. Each chapter provides a background, health beliefs, kinship/social factors, and may have sections dealing with views on children, death, diet, etc.
- Diversity and cultural competence in health care byCall Number: EBL (available online)ISBN: 9781118065600Publication Date: 2012"...The textbook integrates strategic diversity management, self-reflective leadership and the personal change process, with culturally and linguistically appropriate care into a cohesive systems-oriented approach for health care professionals."
- Health care systems around the world byISBN: 9781452203126Publication Date: 2013"...[E]xamines major aspects of health care systems for over 190 countries worldwide. In a consistent format, ten major health care categories are systematically examined for each country: 1. Emergency Health Services; 2. Costs of Hospitalization; 3. Costs of Drugs; 4. Major Health Issues; 5. Government Role in Health Care; 6. Insurance; 7. Access to Health Care; 8. Health Care Facilities; 9. Health Care Personnel (doctor level of training, etc.); and 10. Public Health Programs. " This would also be helpful for findng information such as maternal mortality rates
- Health promotion in multicultural populations: A handbook for practitioners and students byCall Number: RA427.8 .H432 2015 (Open Reserve, Level 3ISBN: 9781452276960Publication Date: 20142 copies on Reserve
- Health disparities among under-served populations: Implications for research, policy and praxis byISBN: 9781781901021Publication Date: 2012
- Multicultural Health byCall Number: Marriott Open Reserve (Level 3) RA418.5.T73 R48 2017ISBN: 9781284021028Publication Date: 2017Fully updated and expanded, the Second Edition of Multicultural Health serves as a comprehensive guide for healthcare workers in any cultural community. Focusing on differences in cultural beliefs about health and illness, and models for cross-cultural health and communication, this text helps students and professionals learn effective ways to implement health promotion programs and program evaluation across cultures.
- How Welfare States Care byISBN: 9048501725Publication Date: 2007-07-10Indepth analysis of women's (and men's) employment and care patterns, as well as, child care services, taxation, leave schemes and social security in four different walfare states of Europe.
Librarian Contact Info
Office Hours by appointment via Zoom. Please email to make an appointment
J. Willard Marriott Library
295 S 1500 E Salt Lake City, UT
295 S 1500 E Salt Lake City, UT
Subjects: Accessibility, Accounting, Bibliometrics, Business, Communication Sciences & Disorders, Entrepreneurship & Strategy, Gender Studies, Grants, Impact Factor, Information Systems, LEAP, Library Staff Guides, Management, Marketing, MBA Resources, Operations & Information Systems, Social Sciences, Test Preparation