Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
NOTICE: The Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio is open on a reservation-only basis, Monday-Friday 9am-3pm, for students, staff, and faculty of the University of Utah.
To make a reservation, use the scheduler app below.
NOTICE: The Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio will be closed November 26 & 27 and December 19 through January 18 for the campus closure.
The Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio has been upgraded! THE Studio is now equipped with a “One Button Studio” system. The One Button Studio allows students, faculty, and staff to easily record professional quality videos with just the press of a button. Simply bring a USB flash drive, plug it in, and press the button! The video file automatically saves to your thumb drive.
Examples of Video Projects that the One Button Studio makes a breeze to accomplish:
- Videos for online instruction & lectures
- Videos for recruitment, training, or professional development seminars
- Creating ePortfolio materials or video essays
- Practicing your public speaking skills
- Using the green screen to add visual effects or backgrounds
- Recording a group interview
- And so much more!
The Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio can also help you:
- Record a podcast
- Host a live stream
- Edit video and audio
- Create graphics
- And so much more!
Schedule the Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio
All sessions in THE Studio must be reserved in advance. Pick a session length below and find a day and time that works for you. If you have a project needing technical support or additional assistance, select "Special Request" and we'll be in touch.
- NO ENTRY for those with COVID-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours
- ONE (1) person limit within the THE Studio
- 6-FOOT distancing for participants
- WASH HANDS upon entry and exit to and from the space
Before and after every session library and custodial staff will perform a full cleaning of THE Studio space.
How-To Guides for using THE Studio
Podcasts and audio recordings can be easily created in THE Studio! Read or watch our Podcasting guides below to learn more about how to podcast at the Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio.
KALTURA LECTURE CAPTURE
Lecture Capture with Kaltura CaptureSpace is a breeze to set-up in THE Studio. Read or watch our Lecture Capture guides below to learn how to flip your classroom with the help of THE Studio.
The Eccles Library and the Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio has equipment available for 24-hour checkout to take your recordings on the road. Equipment includes a wireless lapel microphone, iPad Pro, Apple Pen, Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface, Phone/Tablet Tripod and even GoPro Cameras! Visit the front desk of the library to checkout the equipment.
Setting up a Live Stream is effortless with THE Studio. Read or watch our live stream guide below to set-up your next live stream with the help of THE Studio.
Lecture Capture How-To Video
Mobile Recording How-To Video
Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio User Agreement
- Patron accepts full responsibility for the equipment in the Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio (THE Studio.) Patron will reimburse the University of Utah for the cost of repairing or replacing any devices or accessories if they are damaged, lost, or stolen while THE Studio is reserved in patron's name.
- Patron will ensure the door is locked when leaving THE Studio. Patron understands that failure to do so may result in being held responsible for any lost, stolen, or missing equipment.
- Patron understands that the maximum reservation time is 3 hours unless otherwise arranged in advance with library staff or faculty.
- Patron agrees to vacate THE Studio at the end of the specified reservation time and/or at the end of business hours of the library. Patron cannot continue to use THE Studio past the posted business hours of the library.
- Patron agrees to comply with University of Utah Acceptable Use Policy.
- Your acceptance of these terms when reserving THE Studio indicates that you understand your responsibility regarding the care and custody of the device(s) you use from the Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library.