Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio is open on a reservation-only basis,
Monday-Friday 7am-6pm, for students, staff, and faculty of the University of Utah.
To make a reservation, use the scheduler app below.
NOTE: The One Button Studio software has been retired.
Video projects are highly encouraged to schedule THE Studio in advance
so we can arrange assistance to get you started with alternate video recording methods!
The Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio, or THE Studio, is a fully equipped multimedia lab where students, staff, and faculty can create professional quality audio and video recordings.
THE Studio has a Video Recording Suite with a HD camera, microphones, studio lights, teleprompter and a Mac computer for editing.
The new Podcast Suite features four microphones and an easy-to-use RØDECaster Pro to record up to four guests at once. The RØDECaster Pro is also equipped with Bluetooth making it a breeze to connect your phone, tablet, or laptop to record podcast guests through phone calls, Zoom, Skype, and more!
Examples of Video Projects that THE Studio makes a breeze to accomplish:
- Videos for online instruction & lectures
- Videos for recruitment, training, or professional development seminars
- Creating ePortfolio materials or video essays
- Practicing your public speaking skills
- Using the green screen to add visual effects or backgrounds
- Recording a group interview
- And so much more!
The Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio can also help you:
- Record a podcast
- Host a live stream
- Edit video and audio
- Create graphics
- And so much more!
Schedule the Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio
All sessions in THE Studio must be reserved in advance. Pick a session length below and find a day and time that works for you. If you have a project needing technical support or additional assistance, select "Special Request" and we'll be in touch.
How-To Guides for using THE Studio
With the new Podcasting Suite, podcasts, interviews, and voice recordings are easier than ever to create! Read the quick start guide to get going immediately on recording.
KALTURA LECTURE CAPTURE
Lecture Capture with Kaltura CaptureSpace is a breeze to set-up in THE Studio! Read or watch our Lecture Capture guides to get you started with flipping your classroom.
iMac AUDIO RECORDING
Using the iMac to record audio is easy! Whether you're recording a lecture, narrating a PowerPoint, or using one of the audio editing programs, these guides will help get you started.
Lecture Capture How-To Video
Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio User Agreement
- Patron accepts full responsibility for the equipment in the Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio (THE Studio.) Patron will reimburse the University of Utah for the cost of repairing or replacing any devices or accessories if they are damaged, lost, or stolen while THE Studio is reserved in patron's name.
- Patron will ensure the door is locked when leaving THE Studio. Patron understands that failure to do so may result in being held responsible for any lost, stolen, or missing equipment.
- Patron understands that the maximum reservation time is 3 hours unless otherwise arranged in advance with library staff or faculty.
- Patron agrees to vacate THE Studio at the end of the specified reservation time and/or at the end of business hours of the library. Patron cannot continue to use THE Studio past the posted business hours of the library.
- Patron agrees to comply with University of Utah Acceptable Use Policy.
- Your acceptance of these terms when reserving THE Studio indicates that you understand your responsibility regarding the care and custody of the device(s) you use from the Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library.