Free Online Scholarly Resources: General Resources
Publishers Providing Free Access because of COVID-19
The section below shows expanded resources for those with a U of U login
Free Index: Google Scholar
- Broadly search for scholarly literature
- Includes articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions
- Explore related works, citations, authors and publication
- Tips for Advanced Searching
Free Scholarly Works: Books and Articles
- full-text, interdisciplinary, social repository designed to increase the impact of work in the humanities
Evaluating Information on the Web
The Web offers a wealth of information, but not all of it is equally accurate or reliable. Evaluate and cite your sources carefully.
The CRAAP TEST provides useful concepts and questions to consider:
- Currency: When was the information published/posted/last updated?
- Relevance: What is the importance of the information given your topic or information need?
- Authority: Who is the author/publisher/sponsor of the information?
- Accuracy: Is the information reliable, truthful, and correct?
- Purpose: Why does this information exist?
295 South 1500 East, Room 5103
Salt Lake City, UT 84112