International Statistics: Top 20 Resources
Top 20 Resources
The current 20 most popular websites and databases from International website appear in the list below.
- The World Bank Data24 of 40 LibGuides mentioned one or more of the statistical databases on this site. Some World Bank Data databases may be by subscription only.
- International Monetary Fund Data andStatistics20 of 40 LibGuides listed one or more of the databases available from the IMF. This site has International Monetary Fund financial data from 1970 - 2010.
- UNESCO Data Center15 of 40 LibGuides listed the UNESCO Data Center on their LibGuide. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) collects a wide "range of policy-relevant, timely, and reliable [international] statistics in the fields of education, science and technology, culture and communication."
- EuroStat13 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "Eurostat is the statistical office of the European Union situated in Luxembourg. Its task is to provide the European Union with statistics at European level that enable comparisons between countries and regions."
- UNdata11 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. UNdata is a data access system to UN databases containing information on "Agriculture, Crime, Education, Employment, Energy, Environment, Health, HIV/AIDS, Human Development, Industry, Information and Communication Technology, National Accounts, Population, Refugees, Tourism, Trade, as well as the Millennium Development Goals indicators."
- International Statistical Agencies - US Census10 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. This is an alphabetical list of country statistical agencies complied by the United States Census Bureau. It is frequently updated.
- OFFSTATS10 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "The OFFSTATS database provides access to free [international] statistics from official sources on the web."
- CIA World Fact Book9 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 266 world entities."
- NationMaster9 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. NationMaster is "a massive central data source and a handy way to graphically compare nations. NationMaster is a vast compilation of data from such sources as the CIA World Factbook, UN, and OECD."
- International Data Base (IDB) - US Census Bureau7 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "The International Data Base (IDB) offers a variety of demographic indicators for countries and areas of the world with a population of 5,000 or more."
- SourceOECD7 of 40 LibGuides listed this subscription database. Access is limited to University of Utah faculty, students, and staff. Source OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) is "the OECD's Online Library of Statistical Databases, Books and Periodicals."
- Statistics Canada7 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "Statistics Canada... produces statistics that help Canadians better understand their country—its population, resources, economy, society and culture."
- United Nations Statistical Databases7 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "The Statistics Division... compile[s] and disseminate[s] global statistical information, develop[s] standards and norms for statistical activities, and... facilitate[s] the coordination of international statistical activities".
- LABORSTA - International Labor Organization (ILO)5 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "View and download data and metadata for over 200 countries or territories from LABORSTA, an International Labour Office database on labour statistics operated by the ILO Department of Statistics"
- UN Comtrade - United Nations5 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "This web site provides access to information and data on International Merchandise Trade Statistics (IMTS)".
- United Nations Demographic Yearbook4 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "The United Nations Demographic Yearbook collects, compiles and disseminates official statistics on a wide range of topics...since 1948 ... disseminates statistics on population size and composition, births, deaths, marriage and divorce on an annual basis. Demographic Yearbook special topics issues cover a wide range of additional topics including economic activity, educational attainment, household characteristics, housing, ethnicity and language".
- GeoHive4 of 40 LibGuides listed this site. "GeoHive, a site with geopolitical data, statistics on the human population, Earth and more. The main kind of data you can find here is population statistics of regions, countries, provinces and cities. Next to that there are some statistics on economic factors like wealth, infrastructure; statistics on natural phenomena".
- United Nations Statistical Yearbook4 o 40 LibGuides listed this site. "The United Nations Statistical Yearbook is an annual compilation of a wide range of international economic, social and environmental statistics for over 200 countries and areas of the world". *This is a PDF publication, not a database.
- UNCTAD Statistics OnlineThe goal of this site "is to provide the statistical data essential for the analysis of the world trade, investment, international financial flows and development."
- USDA Foreign Agricultural Service4 of 40 LibGuides listed one or more of the databases listed on this site. under Browse by Subject, click on one of the topics such as Market and Trade Data or Country Information.
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides