Note: The only "official" test preparation materials are those produced by the testing company.
The resources on this page and on the attached pages represent a small sample of the many books and online test preparation resources available through the Library. To find other test preparation materials at the library, a good strategy is to search for the name of the test you are interested in along with a term like "examinations" or "study guides" in the library catalog. For example, a keyword search for "GRE and study guides" will find many useful materials.
Sample subject headings for test preparation materials in the library catalog include, "Nursing -- Examinations, questions, etc." or "Vocabulary tests -- Study guides." Once you've found one good book for your needs, try clicking on the subject headings to find more resources on a particular topic.
The University of Utah has long been the leader in Test Preparation. For more than two decades, its comprehensive, hands-on courses have helped students excel on their admittance exams. For information about the preparation and class check out Test Preparation page of Continuing Education website of University of Utah.
If you already knew the title of a particular test prep book you want, the easiest way to find it is to enter the title in the search box on the library homepage. If you don't know the title or don't have a specific one in mind, the best option is to go to the library homepage, click on the Advanced Search option, choose subject heading, and then search for the title of the examination and the suffix --study guides. For example, click on the links below to see the materials we have for the following tests.
Graduate Record Examination--Study Guides
Law School Admission Test--Study Guides
Graduate Management Admission Test--Study Guides
If you cannot find the title of a specific test, try searching for the subject --Examinations. For example:
Accounting -- Examinations, questions, etc
1. TestPrepReview.com Free Online Practice Tests
2. Test Preparation Tips These are proven strategies that have helped many students improve test scores and prepare more effectively for exams.
3. General test preparation This Website good advice for how to prepare for test.
4. ETS Website ETS covers many tests including GRE®, HiSET®, PRAXIS®, TOFEL® and TOEIC®.
5. ETS TestLink: World's Largest Test Collection Database. A collection of over 20,000 tests and other measurement devices from the early 1900s to the present. Some tests have been published in journals or books and are available in the Marriott Library or through Interlibrary Loan, but others are only available by purchase or a $25 download fee.
When you want to search for test instruments, please note to the following information:
To find this and other information with details you can check out Alfred's guide titled as Finding Test Instruments (Health, Education, & Psychology).
Is there a book or resource you think the library needs to purchase and include in our collection? You can request a purchase for any book! Fill out this form. You will be contacted when it arrives via email.