Asian Studies: Web Resources
Need a web browser that can display CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) characters? Download and install NJStar Asian Explorer 1.1, available at http://www.njstar.com/. It's free and works quite well.
- Asia Society, this web site offers information about Asian culture, social issues, politics, and news.
CIA World Factbook - Brought to you by none other than your CIA. This is a good source for basic geographic and demographic information on every country in Asia. Updated annually.
- Academia Sinica (Taiwan)
- Electronic Texts (U Calgary). Includes Buddhist, Taoist, Confuncian religious texts.
China News Digest
- Chinese Internet Sites (National Library of Australia) Recommended.
- China Maps
- Chinese Text Initiative - The University of Virgina's web site includes a variety of full text online literature, presented in Chinese with English translations.
- National Library of China Digital Chronicles
- Peking University Library
- SELECTED WORKS OF DENG XIAOPING - a solid resource.
- Japanese Newspaper Searching - This site offers detailed information about finding articles from numerous Japanese newspapers. Very helpful!
- Japanese Text Initiative - The University of Virginia and the University of Pittsburgh East Asian Library provide a web site with an extensive collection of full text classics of Japanese literature.
- The Floating World of Ukiyo-e - An online exhibition from the Library of Congress
- http://www.lib.utah.edu/collections/Professor-Lennox-Tierney-project.php The Catherine and Lennox Tierney Collection-Images, Oral Histories, and Film
- Korean Bibliography - From the Library of Congress.
- Korean Newspaper List - Links to about two dozen Korean newspapers, some in English.
- Digital Art: South Asia
- Electronic Journals and Newspapers (UP)
- SARAI: South Asia Resource Access on the Internet - Lists South Asian Internet resources by country and topic.
- Digital South Asia Library - Provides access to electronic copies of reference books, statistics, maps, books, and language learning materials.
- Manuscripts Resources for Asian Studies- An extensive list from SARAI and Columbia U.