1. Go to the library homepage at lib.utah.edu and log in in the upper right corner with your uNID and password.
2. Click on the Databases Tab above the search box.
3. Click on the letter P
4. Scroll down to Proquest Databases and click on the red title link
5. When you get to the search screen, click on the link that says Databases (33)
6. Uncheck the box next to "Select All" to deselect all of the check marks next to the databases.
7. Now, go through and choose the databases you would like to search. I would suggest selecting Ebook Central, Ethnic NewsWatch, GenderWatch. Philosopher's Index, US Newsstream, and Sociological Abstracts. Then, click on the green Use Selected Databases at the top or the bottom of the page.
8.Once you are on the search page, click on the Advanced Search link.
9. Enter your search terms in the search box. If you get too many results, use the facets on the left side of the screen to narrow down. For instance, you can narrow down to scholarly journals, source type, date range, document types and subject. If you get too few results, revise your search terms. When you are ready, click the green Search button
10. To learn more about each article, click on the title. You will see information about the article, such as the abstract. You can also see a link to download the PDF, if available, on the right side of the screen.
11. To save an item to your EndNote account, start by clicking the link labeled Save on the right side of the screen. Then click on RIS (works with EndNote, Citavi, etc.)
12. In the window that opens, choose whether you want to download the citation and abstract or other information under the Content dropdown and then click on the green Continue button.
13. Save the file that is generated somewhere where you can easily find it.
14. Log in to your EndNote Basic Account. Click on the gray Collect tab and choose Import References.
15. Click on Browse and choose the file that you just saved. In Import Option, select ProQuest. In Select Favorite, make sure you have the ProQuest in My Favorite. At the end, select or create folder that you want to save the citation in it.
16. If the download is successful, the screen will tell you that one item has been imported into your group.