Educational Psychology: Getting Started
The Department of Educational Psychology is composed of seven units: Counseling Psychology, Professional Counseling, School Counseling, School Psychology, Learning Sciences, Instructional Design & Educational Technology, and Reading & Literacy.
Research & Writing Assistance
The University Writing Center has tutors to help grad students!
You can request an appointment with a subject librarian by using the Get Help link or clicking on my email to the right on this page.
Free Workshops are offered by the Marriott Library. Check for a current listing, They are usually scheduled after the semester starts.
Immediate access to a librarian is available in the Knowledge Commons, level 2 or via the Ask the Library tab at the top of the Marriott Library's Home page.
Welcome to the U
Below are some tips on library services to get you started at the U.
- Subject LibrariansDid you know that you have a librarian who specializes in your major and/or discipline? Each librarian has a subject specialty.
- Free Workshops!Check these out! These workshops will help you be successful in your student work and your professional career!
- Course ReservesMaterials that your professors want you to read but not necessarily purchase are available on Course Reserves. Check out this handy guide to understand how to find these using the library catalog.
- ARC: Automatic Retrieval CenterThe Automated Retrieval Center or "ARC" is a large storage facility where older and less used materials are stored in order to make room for newer materials and expanding services. Robots are used to retrieve and shelve materials stored in the ARC.
- RenewalsYou can check out, renew, or recall an item that someone else has.
- Interlibrary LoanFree service! Items not found at the Marriott Library will be requested from another library through Interlibrary Loan. In most instances books are available within 1 to 2 weeks and photocopies of articles can be provided as quickly as 24-48 hours
- Pull ServicePlace requests online and pick up materials at your convenience. Request service is processed Monday through Friday, 9 am - 4 pm. No requests are processed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Library MapsLibrary maps will help you find services and resources in the Marriott Library.
- Copyright OverviewIf you have additional questions, please contact Allyson Mower, our scholarly communications & copyright librarian.
- EndnoteEndNote remains the favored, time-saving solution for organizing references and creating instant bibliographies. Check out this library guide for more information. http://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/Endnote
- ZoteroZotero (pronounced "zoh-TAIR-oh") is a Firefox add-on that collects, manages, and cites research sources. It can also be downloaded as a standalone program that connects with Safari or Chrome.
- Using Software RemotelyThis pilot project, funded by the University of Utah, allows students, staff, and faculty to use select software from any supported computer or device, on or off campus. There are a limited number of users; if you are unable to log in, please try again later. Please contact us with any questions or feedback, as we are actively improving this service.