Digital Matters Interim Director
295 South 1500 East
Digital Matters, 2751A
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides
What is digital humanities?
Digital Humanities brings computational methods to bear on traditional humanities scholarship.
Advanced computation has revolutionized the sciences over the past several decades, but we are still learning how humanists can use technology to deepen understanding. Digital Humanities (DH) is a broad field of interdisciplinary scholarship that includes methods such as using text mining software to read a large corpus of books, network analysis to identify relationships between historical figures, or geospatial mapping to visualize humanities data.
If you would like to learn more about Digital Humanities, we welcome you to explore this lib guide, which includes:
- Tips for getting involved with DH including relevant publications, conferences, funding opportunities, trainings, Twitter hashtags, and more
- Digital Humanities tools for text mining, topic modeling, GIS, and more
- Featured DH projects from the University of Utah and elsewhere
- Information about Digital Matters, the nexus of DH research, instruction, and support at the U of U.
For more information on DH at the University of Utah, please visit the Digital Matters website or contact the Digital Matters Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last Updated: Apr 14, 2020 3:55 PM
- URL: https://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/digital-humanities
- Print Page