Bloomberg Professional Workstation Guide: Home
Bloomberg Professional Workstation Policy
- Only University of Utah students, faculty and staff may reserve the Bloomberg Professional Workstation.
- Use of this Bloomberg Professional Workstation is for educational purposes only. Commercial use can lead to individual Bloomberg accounts being terminated. Use of this terminal for commercial purposes will result in Bloomberg terminating this service in our Library.
- Marriott Library Security (801-581-8600) is responsible for enforcing this policy.
How to Reserve the Bloomberg Professional Workstation
- Please reserve the Bloomberg Professional Workstation before you begin your session.
- Otherwise, another person might reserve the terminal and you will be required to give up your seat immediately.
- You may only reserve the terminal for one half hour (30 minutes) and only for two consecutive half hour blocks in the same day. If, after that time, another person has not reserved the terminal or arrived to use it, you may continue to use it. However, you must give up your seat immediately if someone does reserve it or have the terminal scheduled.
- You must have an individual Bloomberg account to complete the Bloomberg Essentials (BESS) Training Program.
- Please contact either the CMS supervisor or the Marriott Library Business Team (Mohammad, Jill, Peter, or Alfred) for more information.
What is Bloomberg?
Bloomberg is a financial news service founded by Michael Bloomberg in 1981. It provides financial news and data to financial companies and organizations in virtually every country in the world through the Bloomberg terminal, The main function of the Bloomberg terminal is to provide an integrated platform that streams together price data, financials, news, trading data, and more. Use this database to obtain global financial and business information on various market sectors, including equities, indices, corporate debts, sovereign and agency securities, commodities, futures, options, hedge funds, foreign currencies, etc.
Bloomberg Professional Workstation
J. Willard Marriott Suite 2110 P