NCAR/UCAR Resource Links
American Meterological Society Homepage - Contains links to news, career related links, journals, publications and also a student page that continas great resources to travel grant information, fellowships, etc.
The NCAR Archives preserve the institutional memory of UCAR/NCAR/UCP. Use this resource to:
- Study how atmospheric science has changed over time
- Learn about the history of NCAR
- Research the unique architecture of the Mesa Laboratory
- Explore past field projects and scientific studies
OpenSky is the open access institutional repository supporting UCAR, NCAR, and UCP, extending free and open access to our scholarship for the benefit of research and education.
Val Martin, M., C.L. Heald, B. FordA decadal satellite analysis of the origins and impacts of smoke in Colorado. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 13, 7429-7439,
Being in the midst of wild fire season and all of the recent fires in the mountain west area this article from the Open Sky repository is an interesting read!, 2013:
NCAR Internship Opportunities for High School, College and University Students
UCAR and NCAR Scientists and Engineers Visiting Colleges and Unviersity Program
National Academy Press Book Spotlight
Here is a link to a spotlighted National Academy Press (NAP) Book: The Future of Atmospheric Boundary Layer Observing, Understanding, and Modeling (2018). You can set up a FREE NAP account and download PDF versions of some interesting science and policy books.
Atmospheric Science Faculty Scholarship
Select a Book
Is there a book or resource you think the library needs to purchase and include in our collection for atmospheric sciences? You can request a purchase for any book! Use this form to order. You will be contacted when it arrives via email.
Graduate Student Information
Graduate Student Connection!
- Marriott Library Graduate Student Website for resources for teaching and research
- Do you have access to the Marriott Library Graduate Reading Room? As a graduate student you can apply for special access to this room which provides a quiet place to study or write and make appointments to meet to the graduate writing consultants.
J. Willard Marriott Library
Head of Faculty Services,
Representative, Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC), and
Adjunct Assistant Professor in Kinesiology
295 South 1500 East #2110 R
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0860
Pronouns: he, him, his