This guide features some of the Marriott Library's resources and services for mechanical engineers.
There are numerous standards available from organizations (ASTM, ISO, ASHRAE, etc.). Sometimes it's easiest to search the organization's website for relevant standards.
If you need a standard, you can submit a request for purchase. If urgent, please search TechStreet and contact either Alfred Mowdood or the SHEM team.
- ASTM Compass contains, standards, journals, technical papers, manuals, and data series published by ASTM International.
- This database provides full-text access to standards dating back to 1988 from the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), the Institutions of Electrical Engineers (IEE), and Society of Motion Pictures & Television Engineers (STPTE) standards .
- MAD CAD This link opens in a new windowMAD CAD is a reference database containing building codes, knowledge-based design solutions and industry guidelines. Various building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from NFPA are included in the collection. Results can be tailored to state and local areas. If we do not have the code you are looking for, please use Tech Street.
- Medical Device Standards at the Eccles LibraryThe Eccles Library has several ANSI, AAMI, ISO standards relevant to medical devices. They are currently housed in the Gary L. Crocker Design & Innovation Lab on the Garden Level.
- Biological evaluation of medical devices
- Medical devices: application of risk management to medical devices
- Medical devices: quality management systems - requirements for regulatory purposes
- Medical electrical equipment
- FDA's Recognized Consensus Standards DatabaseThis database consists of those national and international standards recognized by FDA which manufacturers can declare conformity to and is part of the information the Center can use to make an appropriate decision regarding the clearance or approval of a submission. Information submitted on conformance with such standards will have a direct bearing on safety and effectiveness determinations made during the review of IDEs, HDEs, PMAs, and PDPs. Conformance with recognized consensus standards in and of itself, however, may not always be a sufficient basis for regulatory decisions.
Additional Library Guides
Standards & Codes (ASTM, Fire, IEEE, Industry & Technical)
by Alfred Mowdood Last Updated Mar 14, 2023 92 views this year
by Shane Wallace Last Updated Nov 23, 2021 20 views this year
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides