Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
What is a Citation and Citation Style?
A citation is a way of giving credit to individuals for their creative and intellectual works that you utilized to support your research. It can also be used to locate particular sources and combat plagiarism. Typically, a citation can include the author's name, date, location of the publishing company, journal title, or DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
Citations let your professor, or anyone else who reads your work, find the items used in your research. The key to a successful citation is providing all the information needed for your reader to find the book, article, or other item you are citing. Citing also builds your credibility and shows that your ideas are shared by other experts in the field. Lastly, it avoids plagiarism by giving credit to the original author.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association by The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition is the official source for APA Style. With millions of copies sold worldwide in multiple languages, it is the style manual of choice for writers, researchers, editors, students, and educators in the social and behavioral sciences, natural sciences, nursing, communications, education, business, engineering, and other fields. Known for its authoritative, easy-to-use reference and citation system, the Publication Manual also offers guidance on choosing the headings, tables, figures, language, and tone that will result in powerful, concise, and elegant scholarly communication. It guides users through the scholarly writing process--from the ethics of authorship to reporting research through publication. The seventh edition is an indispensable resource for students and professionals to achieve excellence in writing and make an impact with their work. The seventh edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect best practices in scholarly writing and publishing. All formats are in full color, with a new tabbed spiral version Improved ease of navigation, with many additional numbered sections to help users quickly locate answers to their questions Resources for students on writing and formatting annotated bibliographies, response papers, and other paper types as well as guidelines on citing course materials Dedicated chapter for new users of APA Style covering paper elements and format, including sample papers for both professional authors and student writers New chapter on journal article reporting standards that includes updates to reporting standards for quantitative research and the first-ever qualitative and mixed methods reporting standards in APA Style New chapter on bias-free language guidelines for writing about people with respect and inclusivity in areas including age, disability, gender, participation in research, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality More than 100 new reference examples covering periodicals, books, audiovisual media, social media, webpages and websites, and legal resources More than 40 new sample tables and figures Expanded guidance on ethical writing and publishing practices, including how to ensure the appropriate level of citation, avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism, and navigate the publication process Guidelines that support accessibility for all users, including simplified reference, in-text citation, and heading formats as well as additional font optionsCall Number: BF76.3 P83 2020ISBN: 9781433832161Publication Date: 2019
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations byCall Number: LB2369 .T8 2013ISBN: 9780226816371Publication Date: 2013
- MLA Handbook byCall Number: LB 2369. G53 2016ISBN: 9781603292627Publication Date: 2016
- The Associated Press Stylebook byCall Number: PN4783 .A82ISBN: 0465082998Publication Date: 2016
- The ACS Style Guide byCall Number: QD 8.5 A25 2006ISBN: 9780841239999Publication Date: 2006
- Scientific Style and Format byCall Number: T11 .S386 2006ISBN: 9780226116495Publication Date: 2014
- The Chicago Manual of Style by Technologies may change, but the need for clear and accurate communication never goes out of style. That is why for more than one hundred years The Chicago Manual of Style has remained the definitive guide for anyone who works with words. In the seven years since the previous edition debuted, we have seen an extraordinary evolution in the way we create and share knowledge. This seventeenth edition of The Chicago Manual of Style has been prepared with an eye toward how we find, create, and cite information that readers are as likely to access from their pockets as from a bookshelf. It offers updated guidelines on electronic workflows and publication formats, tools for PDF annotation and citation management, web accessibility standards, and effective use of metadata, abstracts, and keywords. It recognizes the needs of those who are self-publishing or following open access or Creative Commons publishing models. The citation chapters reflect the ever-expanding universe of electronic sources--including social media posts and comments, private messages, and app content--and also offer updated guidelines on such issues as DOIs, time stamps, and e-book locators. Other improvements are independent of technological change. The chapter on grammar and usage includes an expanded glossary of problematic words and phrases and a new section on syntax as well as updated guidance on gender-neutral pronouns and bias-free language. Key sections on punctuation and basic citation style have been reorganized and clarified. To facilitate navigation, headings and paragraph titles have been revised and clarified throughout. And the bibliography has been updated and expanded to include the latest and best resources available. This edition continues to reflect expert insights gathered from Chicago's own staff and from an advisory board of publishing experts from across the profession. It also includes suggestions inspired by emails, calls, and even tweets from readers. No matter how much the means of communication change, The Chicago Manual of Style remains the ultimate resource for those who care about getting the details right.Call Number: Z253. U69 2017ISBN: 9780226287058Publication Date: 2017
- AMA manual of style : a guide for authors and editors byISBN: 9780190246594Publication Date: 2020
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 17th Edition byCall Number: Z253 .U69 2017ISBN: 9780226287058Publication Date: 2017-09-05
295 S 1500 E Salt Lake City, UT
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides