Welcome to the Library's Games Guide!
The librarians at Marriott Library are here to help with all of your research needs.
Stop by the Knowledge Commons desk, make an appointment with your librarian, or ask us a question - we'll be happy to help!
- Division of Games (formerly Entertainment Arts and Engineering)The Division of Games at the University of Utah is a top-ranked program in video game education and research and is a national leader in the nascent discipline of games. The program is contributing to the definition of a new interdisciplinary informatics field that deeply integrates art, humanities, social science and computational research and practice. Our diverse faculty have expertise in every facet of game creation, and we have consulted with top industry professionals to build a one-of-a-kind learning experience in game development.
- Using the Library CatalogCheck out this guide for information about how to use the University of Utah Usearch catalog effectively
- Borrowing MaterialsYou can check out, renew, or recall an item that someone else has.
- Connect from Off-CampusMost library resources are available to current University students, faculty and staff from home or other remote locations. Login with your uNID and get easy access to library resources -- article databases, e-journals, and e-books.
- Library MapsLibrary maps will help you find services and resources in the Marriott Library.
- Course ReservesMaterials that your professors want you to read but not necessarily purchase are available on Course Reserves.
- Interlibrary LoanFree service! Items not found at the Marriott Library will be requested from another library through Interlibrary Loan.
- Copy, Print, & ScanHow and where to print in the library. You can even print posters!
- Wireless PrintingPrint straight from your laptop!
University Counseling Center
The University of Utah Counseling Center provides developmental, preventive, and therapeutic services and programs that promote the intellectual, emotional, cultural, and social development of University of Utah students.
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Student Services Building (fourth floor)
201S 1460 E, Rm 426
University of Utah
For after-hours emergencies, contact the 24/7 Crisis Line 801-587-3000
Download Free Software
The Office of Software Licensing has an abundance of free or discounted software for students, staff and faculty members of the University of Utah.
Some of our most popular FREE software includes Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and more) and the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, Lightroom, InDesign, and more).
Download the Adobe Creative Cloud
University Writing Center
The University Writing Center is here to help you become a more confident writer by providing individual consultations with peer tutors. We work on papers from all disciplines - not just writing classes. Best of all, the Writing Center is a FREE service to students and faculty of the University of Utah.
The University Writing Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Marriott Library in room 2701.
Make an appointment
Graduate Student Reading Room
The Graduate Student Reading Room is a quiet study space available to any registered graduate student at the University of Utah.
- Do you have access to the Marriott Library Graduate Reading Room? As a graduate student you can apply for special access to this room which provides a quiet place to study or write and make appointments to meet to the graduate writing consultants.
- Marriott Library Graduate Student Website for resources for teaching and research
Need help? Contact us
Schedule a Research Consultation
More Subject Guides