Other Library Multimedia
Not what you were looking for?
We focus on rare materials and obsolete formats. To find more readily available and commercial movies and albums in the library try the Knowledge Commons on Level 2. Audio-visual materials can also be found the library Catalog or Digital Collections.
For digitized multimedia from the University of Utah and throughout the region check out the Mountain West Digital Library.
- ArtsForce: Careers in the Arts
- Audio-Visual Archive
- Copyright for the Fine & Performing Arts
- Digital Public Library of America
- Film and Media Arts
- How to Find Media in the Marriott Library
- Images and Media for Research and Presentations
- Ski Archives
- Utah Independent Film Archive
- What's New at Marriott Library: Fine Arts & Architecture
Edward Abbey 1972
The Audio-Visual Archive is located on the Fourth Floor and is part of the Multimedia division of Special Collections. We are a repository for unique moving image and sound material from Utah and the West.
Our collections include:
- Student and independent films
- Oral histories
- Home movies
- Local news, sports and radio programs
- And many other rare and fascinating materials representative of the region's rich cultural and social history!
We are constantly working to make more of this vast and ever growing resource available digitally to students and the public for viewing, research and other artistic purposes. A number of collections already have finding aids or clips available online.
Although many items are copyrighted, many others are available for use in student and commercial audio and video productions. The staff in the Multimedia Archives digitizes items and provides them to patrons on CDs and DVDs to help preserve the sensitive originals.
Audio-Visual Archive Highlights
Moving Image & Sound Archivist
"On the Cover"
Bill Langton (L), Al Londema and O.L. "Brig" Tapp (R) show off their 16mm cameras at a Utah Cine Arts Club event ca. 1950.
The Audio-Visual Archive is home to much of Utah's historic amateur and independent film, including the films of O.L. Tapp.