Education: Education Journals
What are Open Access Journals?
From the Directory of Open Access Journals website: "We define open access journals as journals that use a funding model that does not charge readers or their institutions for access. From the BOAI definition  of "open access" we take the right of users to "read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles" as mandatory for a journal to be included in the directory. "
The aim of the Directory of Open Access Journals is to increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scientific and scholarly journals thereby promoting their increased usage and impact. The Directory aims to be comprehensive and cover all open access scientific and scholarly journals that use a quality control system to guarantee the content. The journal must exercise peer-review or editorial quality control to be included.
Click here to view Open Access Journals across many disciplines.
Marriott Library Journals
The journals listed here will be very helpful for your scholarly research. You can discover these journals in the Marriott Library by going to Usearch, the Library Catalog, and typing the journal's title in the search box. TIP: Checking the print volumes as well as the online subscription will provide more comprehensive information about the volumes in the library. The subscriptions may not overlap. You can check by using the "View Resource" link or the "Locations & Request" link, which ever is present.
Need more suggestions?? Use the Library Catalog to identify additional scholarly (print or online) journals by following this process:
- Type in the name of the journal in the search box.
- Limit the results to Journals (on the sidebar at the left).
- Once identified as being in the library, check to see if the journal volume is available online. Note: Not all online journals include every volume that has been published.
- If the journal is electronically available, click on the link which will take you out of the library (this is the "View Resource" link.
- If the journal volume is not available online, click the "Locations 7 Request" link, then the "Arc Click Request" to see if the Marriott Library has the volume in print. You will need to be logged into your "My Account" in Usearch.
TIP: You will find some related articles by using Usearch, but keep in mind that the best method to access articles on your subject is to use the Article Databases for Education.